A helpful guide
to maintaining your new area rugs from Carpet Mill Outlet
Learn how to properly clean your new area rug from Pierce Carpet Mill Outlet, starting with regular vacuuming.
Like carpet, area rugs require vacuuming. If you have a shag rug, cabled rug, or a rug with a thick loop pile, use a suction-only vacuum or one with an adjustable brush lifted away from the rug. Disable any beater bars, as these can agitate your rug's pile and cause it to fuzz.
- Use mats at all entryways to avoid tracking dirt indoors
- Occasionally rearrange heavy furniture so it doesn't leave marks
- Place protective pads under all furniture legs
- Rotate your rugs so they get an even amount of sunlight exposure
Spill Removal & Spot Cleaning
- When spills occur, start by removing as much as possible. Work from corners toward the center.
- For tougher spots, you can use a manufacturer-recommended cleaning solution.
- Rinse the affected area with warm water to remove any sticky, soil-attracting residue.
- Absorb excess water by layering a clean cloth over the damp spot and weighing towels down with a heavy object. This ensures that the rug dries completely, which is important even when the rug doesn't seem damp.
With regular care, your area rug will look great for years to come.